Saturday, October 07, 2006

25. The confused Doc ...


As B was working on Saturday and no one else was offering a lift, I had to get a taxi to the airport ...

With my poor speaking and the taxi-center's poor comprehension ... I ended up with a cab in front of my door step an hour earlier ... as I gave up trying to make the guy understand there is a difference between:

"No, I want a cab in an hour time", and
"So, you don't want the cab"

When I heard him speaking on his phone ... I realised he is Russian ... it turned out that he was from Azerbaijan ... he knew good Russian/Turkish (which he preferred to call Azari) and a bit of Persian/English ... that explained why we couldn't communicate.

As our broken conversation carried on ... he simply said "I'm not happy here, I used to be a Dentist back in my country, I have not been able to work in my own field after being here for 11 years" ... I felt sympathetic for him but in the same time I became motivated to pursuit my goals and continue to swim against the current.

1 comment:

The Evil Lord of Gracia said...

Hey Farsia!

Get in touch - or get on messenger!

Never come through Europe without visiting.

Chin up

TheEvilLordofGracia